Wednesday, January 7, 2009

1-4-08: 1st Trimester

1st trimester: For those of you in the first trimester, have you already told friends and family, or are we the lucky few who know? How did you tell your husband/family/friends about your BFP?

1. With #1, we didn't tell anyone until past 12 weeks and we'll try to do the same with #2. But DH is asking me to test every freakin' day, so I don't think he'll be able to wait as long this time around! DH was there when I tested, so he knew. We sent an "It's a boy/girl mix balloon bouquet to his parents who are out of state. And I told my mom during a visit.

2. For baby #2 I told DH as soon as he woke up with a Father's Day card and positive test! We told our parents right away as soon as we saw them in person. We had Caleb wear a "Big Brother" shirt to make the announcement. For siblings we called after telling our parents, friends we mostly told in person as we saw them. It spread from there.

3. We told close friends and family pretty early in the 1st trimester. For everyone else we waited until around 12 weeks. Before I got my BFP I was thinking of creative ways to tell DH, but I was so excited that I ended up just blurting it out.

4. We told family and close friends. I haven't told at work yet. I told DH right away - couldn't hide the smile on my face when I saw the positive HPT. For our family (who live in Germany/ Austria), we chose Christmas as the time to tell. We sent books such as "Grandparents for Beginners" or similar to my dad/ DH's mum and dad.

5. My first pregnancy, I presented DH with a "My First Mickey (Mouse)" onesie while we were in Orlando, but he didn't get it (and told me the 0-3 onesie was probably way too small for his 2-year old nephew...). For the others, I just showed him the stick.

6. We have told very few people this time around. I m/c in May, so we are trying to be much more cautious this time around. We have told some close friends and our families, but have not really told anyone else yet. I am not sure if the end of the first tri will make me feel comfortable enough to tell everyone.

7. We plan to not tell anyone but close friends and our parents until we hit the 2nd trimester mark.

8. We told friends and family right away, since we knew they would support us no matter what happened.

9. When DH got home from work, I told him that day...dragged him to the pile of + HPTs that I kept taking (I was in denial! haha) We told immediate family around 5 wks, very close friends around 8. Everyone knew at week 12/13

10. I woke up freakishly early the morning I got my BFP so I took the test and then took it out into the living room with me so I wouldn't wake up DH (since we have master bath in our room). I couldn't believe my eyes and I sat there for about 40 minutes thinking about ways to tell him but in the end decided I was too excited to not share so I went and woke him up. We told my parents two days later just over the phone since they're out of state and his parents we told with a poem when they got home from Italy. I didn't tell my friends until after my first appointment due to spotting.

11. We wanted to tell family in person as they live far away and we had trips already planned, so we told family at 6 weeks, friends at 8, and work at 9 b/c I had to hire a sub the 2nd day of school for our 1st dr appt.

No comments:

Post a Comment